For homeowners planning to remodel their homes, it’s very important to understand what’s included in a contract. The details of the contract must be clear to both parties—that is, you as the homeowner/client and the contractor. A contract should include legal matters and serve as a guide throughout the remodeling process. It will also serve as a legal document if the need should arise.
Valiant Home Remodelers is a company specializing in roofs, doors, windows, and siding in Woodbridge NJ and its surrounding areas. Once you’re ready to start a remodeling project with us, we will provide you with a detailed contract. Here are several things that must be included in a contract:
- The contractor’s full business name, phone number, employee contact, license number, and the address
- Essential warranty information
- A written note explaining who will obtain any necessary permits
- A clear written detailed description of the project, including the materials, model numbers, colors, sizes, and the like
- A thorough scope of the project specifying what tasks will be performed by whom
- A note about the payment scheme
- Architectural drawings (to scale) attached to the contract for larger projects
- Pricing details regarding everything that will be used in the project
- Instructions on who will do the cleanup, what to do with leftover materials, and other necessary details
Different companies have different contracts, so it’s always better to ask your contractor what’s included in theirs. In the event that you need to call off a project, make sure to read the fine print. This should indicate the number of days after signing the contract that cancellations will be allowed.
Valiant Home Remodelers offers replacement and installation of Woodbridge NJ siding, roofing, windows, and doors. To learn more about contracts, feel free to call us at (732) 333-6223 today.