Choosing a window style that will go well with your architectural design can be challenging. You need to find the perfect window that will complement your existing home design and enhance its value. The good news is, you can consult your Monroe, NJ, replacement windows experts to help you pick the right windows for your home. We at Valiant Home Remodelers are professionally trained to help you make an informed decision when it comes to picking good windows.
You can use the following as a guide:
- Use bay windows for Victorian homes. Victorian homes naturally have decorative trims and asymmetrical façades. Since a bay window arches outward from a wall, it does a great job in further accentuating the attractive exterior of a Victorian home. The bay style is actually made up of three windows—a center window that is typically larger and two smaller ones on each side. This unique makeup of a bay window enhances the narrow and tall structure of a Victorian house.
- Use casement windows for Tudor homes. If you have a Tudor house, then the simple and flexible design of casement windows will do wonders. A Tudor design essentially mimics a Medieval European home that is composed of stucco, stone, and brick. A casement window can bring freshness in terms of appearance and function. Casement windows are an excellent choice for natural lighting and ventilation, which is good for your home.
- Use double hung-windows for historic homes. For homeowners who have historic houses that are classic and sophisticated in their own way, double-hung windows can bring in greater comfort and balance. Our double-hung windows here at Valiant Home Remodelers slide vertically, which means more space for you. The traditional design of double-hung windows also highlights the beautiful features of a historic home, making them an ideal choice for this type of structure.
- Use picture windows for industrial cottage homes. Picture windows balance the rustic and modern look that industrial cottage houses have. If you are looking for a window that gives all-out lighting without the sun’s harmful UV rays, then a picture-type window would work for you. Additionally, picture windows don’t take up much space, as they are basically stationary. Their fixed design allows more room for the eccentric style of industrial cottage homes.
- Use sliding windows for ranch homes. Ranch houses have a simple design that includes a long and low roofline. The roof is also pitched slightly lower, and the exterior is usually made of wood, brick, and stucco. We’d say that sliding windows are perfect for two reasons: (1) Sliders are a great option for rooms with low ceilings, and (2) sliding windows offer a stylish appeal both indoors and outdoors.
Windows are complex structures that can significantly add beauty and function if utilized well. Hopefully, we were able to provide valuable information in helping you select the right window style for your home. Our windows here at Valiant Home Remodelers are specially designed with energy efficiency, providing significant savings in the long run. If you need more information on our replacement windows in Edison, NJ, and surrounding areas, just call us at (732) 333-6223.